Cod liver is a nutritious and healthy fish that can be used in many different keto recipes. It’s full of omega-3 fatty acids, vitamin A, and protein — all of which are great for those following the keto diet. This article will look at some delicious cod liver recipes perfect for a ketogenic lifestyle.
- Cod Liver Fritters: This quick and easy recipe is perfect for any night of the week. Start by mixing one lb. of the cod liver with 1/2 cup of grated Parmesan cheese, two eggs, three tablespoons of almond flour, one teaspoon of garlic powder, one teaspoon of onion powder and salt and pepper to taste. Then form the mixture into small patties and pan-fry them in a skillet until golden brown. Serve with your favourite keto-friendly sides for a complete meal.
- Cod Liver Stir Fry: For this stir-fry, you’ll need one lb. of cubed cod liver, two tablespoons of olive oil, one diced onion, two cloves of minced garlic, one red bell pepper sliced, 1/4 cup of coconut aminos or soy sauce and salt and pepper to taste. Heat the olive oil in a slightly large skillet over medium heat and add the onions, garlic, bell pepper, and cod liver cubes. Cook until the vegetables are tender and the fish is cooked through. Add the coconut aminos or soy sauce and cook for a couple of minutes. Serve over cauliflower rice or with other keto-friendly sides.
- Cod Liver Salad: Start by boiling one lb. of cod liver in salted water until cooked through, then drain and let cool completely. In a large bowl, combine the cooked cod liver with two stalks of celery, diced; ½ cup chopped parsley, ¼ cup chopped green onions, and ¼ cup sliced olives. For the dressing, mix ½ cup olive oil, two tablespoons apple cider vinegar, and one tablespoon Dijon mustard, salt, and pepper to taste. Mix everything and serve immediately or store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Tips and tricks:
– Whenever possible, buy wild-caught cod liver to ensure you get the highest quality fish.
– If you don’t have time to cook the cod liver immediately, you can store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days before cooking.
– To add some crunch and texture to your dishes, try adding crushed keto-friendly nuts or seeds.
– Use a variety of herbs and spices to make sure each dish tastes different so that you won’t get bored with eating the same thing every day.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Q: Is cod liver keto-friendly?
A: Yes, cod liver is an excellent source of protein and healthy fats that are perfect for a ketogenic diet.
Q: How do I store cooked cod liver?
A: Cooked cod liver can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. If you want to freeze it, wrap it tightly in plastic wrap or place it in a freezer bag and store it for up to 6 months.
Q: Can I use fresh cod liver instead of canned?
A: You can use fresh cod liver instead of canned. Just make sure that you cook it thoroughly before consuming it.
Q: Is cod liver a good source of omega-3 fatty acids?
A: Yes, cod liver is an excellent source of omega-3 fatty acids, which are essential for optimal health on a keto diet.
Cod liver is a nutritious and delicious fish that can be used in many different keto recipes. The above recipes are easy to make and full of healthy fats, protein, vitamins, and minerals — perfect for those following the ketogenic diet.
Cod liver is an excellent option for those who want to incorporate more seafood into their ketogenic diet. With these three delicious cod liver recipes, you’ll have plenty of opportunities to enjoy this nutritious fish while staying on track with your health goals. So, are you trying tonight?