Keto chicken francese is a delicious, low-carb take on the classic Italian dish. It’s quick and easy to prepare, perfect for busy nights. Combining buttery lemon sauce and tender chicken breast creates an indulgent yet healthy meal that will satisfy your whole family.
What is chicken Francese:
Chicken Francese is an Italian dish traditionally consisting of chicken cutlets cooked in a buttery lemon sauce. It’s usually served with vegetables or pasta, making it a complete and light meal. It is often called “French-style” chicken because it originated in Italy during the 1700s.
– 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
– 1/2 cup almond flour
– 2 teaspoons garlic powder
– 2 eggs, beaten
– Salt and pepper
– 2 tablespoons butter
– 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
– 1 tablespoon capers (optional)
- Preheat your oven upto 375°F (190°C).
- Place the chicken breasts on a cutting board and lightly pound them to a same thickness with a yummy meat mallet or rolling pin.
- Combine almond flour, garlic powder, salt, and pepper in a shallow dish. Dip each yummy chicken breast in the beaten eggs and then into the almond-flour mixture until fully coated. Set aside.
- Heat butter in a large skillet over medium heat until melted. Once hot, add chicken breasts and cook for 4 minutes per side or until mouth watering golden brown and cooked through.
- Transfer chicken to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake for 10 minutes or until internal temperature is near to 165°F (74°C).
- Reduce heat to low. Add lemon juice and capers to the skillet and stir until combined. Simmer for 1 minute or until sauce thickens slightly.
- Serve chicken francese with sauce over the top.
Tips and Tricks:
– Add fresh herbs such as parsley or basil to the almond flour mixture for extra flavor.
– To make this dish even healthier, you can use almond milk instead of eggs for the coating.
– If you don’t have capers, substitute them with chopped olives or diced sundried tomatoes.
– Leftovers can be stored in an airtight jar in your fridge or refrigerator for up to 3 days. Reheat gently in a skillet over medium heat until completely warmed through.
Keto chicken francese is a great dish for any night of the week! Serve it alongside steamed vegetables, roasted potatoes, a simple salad, or some low-carb pasta for a complete and satisfying meal. It also makes an impressive presentation when served with a side of rice pilaf or mashed cauliflower.
Frequently asked questions:
Q: Is chicken Francese keto-friendly?
A: This dish is perfect for low-carb diets as it uses almond flour instead of breadcrumbs and contains no added sugar.
Q: How long do I need to cook the chicken francese in the oven?
A: The baking time will vary depending on the thickness of the chicken breasts, but generally, 10 minutes should be enough for them to reach an internal temperature near to 165°F (74°C).
Q: Can I use other types of cheese in this dish?
A: You can use any cheese that melts well, such as mozzarella or provolone. Just make sure to adjust the baking time accordingly.
Keto chicken francese is a tasty yet healthy dish perfect for busy weeknights. Combining buttery lemon sauce and juicy, golden-brown chicken creates an indulgent meal that your whole family will love. So go ahead and give this delicious Recipe a try, you won’t be disappointed. Bon appetit.