Experience the comforting sweetness of Swiss Chalet’s signature chicken soup with this easy-to-follow recipe. With just a few simple ingredients, you can create a delicious bowl of homemade soup that tastes just like you’ve ordered from your local Swiss Chalet.
– 4 cups chicken broth
– 1 onion, diced
– 2 carrots, peeled and diced
– 2 celery stalks, diced
– 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
– 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
– Salt and pepper to taste
– Parsley for garnish (optional)
- In a large pot over medium heat, add the chicken broth, onion, carrots, and celery. Simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add the chicken breasts and season with garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Simmer for only 20 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Remove the chicken from the soup and shred it using two forks before adding it back to the pot.
- Simmer for an additional 5 minutes and garnish with parsley (optional).
- Serve hot, and enjoy.
Tips and Tricks:
– If you prefer a thicker soup, add one tablespoon of cornstarch mixed with two tablespoons of cold water to the pot and stir.
– For extra flavor, add one teaspoon of thyme or rosemary to the soup before adding the chicken.
– To make a vegetarian version, substitute vegetable broth for chicken broth and use crumbled tofu instead of chicken.
– If you want to make ahead and freeze for later use, omit the shredded chicken and add it when reheating the soup. This will prevent it from becoming soggy.
Benefits of swiss chalet chicken soup:
Swiss chalet chicken soup is delicious and comforting and offers some health benefits due to its nutrient-dense ingredients. Vegetable onions, carrots, and celery provide antioxidants that help protect your cells from damage. Additionally, the broth contains collagen, which can help improve skin elasticity and reduce wrinkles. This soup is also a great source of lean protein from chicken breasts, making it a nutritious meal option.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
Q: Can I make Swiss Chalet Chicken Soup in a slow cooker?
A: This recipe can be made in a slow cooker. Add all the ingredients to the slow cooker and cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 4-6 hours. When finished cooking, shred the chicken before serving.
Q: How should I store leftovers of Swiss Chalet Chicken Soup?
A: Leftover soup can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days. It is also possible to freeze it for up to 2 months. To reheat, thaw overnight in the fridge and then heat over medium heat until warm throughout.
Q: Can I use boneless, skinless thighs instead of chicken breasts?
A: Yes, you can substitute boneless, skinless chicken thighs for the chicken breasts in this recipe. The cooking time may need to be adjusted slightly depending on the thickness of the thighs.
The Swiss Chalet chicken soup recipe is a great comfort food that’s easy to make at home. Enjoy this classic dish’s cozy, sweet flavor without leaving your kitchen.
If you’re hunting for an easy and flavorful way to warm up on cold days, then this Swiss Chalet Chicken Soup recipe is just what you need! You can recreate the signature flavor right at home with a few simple ingredients. Plus, it provides some health benefits due to its nutrient-dense ingredients. Enjoy!
Thanks for reading. This recipe helps create a delicious bowl of homemade Swiss Chalet chicken soup! Bon appétit!