Beef and Mushroom Stew is a savory, comforting dish perfect for chilly days. The combination of beef and mushrooms in this stew makes it both hearty and flavorful. The ingredients used in the recipe bring out the best of both the beef and mushrooms, creating an unforgettable meal that your family will love.
• 2 Tbsp olive oil
• 1 lb beef chuck roast, cut into cubes
• one onion, chopped
• 8 oz baby bella mushrooms, sliced
• two cloves garlic, minced
• 2 cups beef broth
• 3 Tbsp tomato paste
• 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
• one bay leaf
• 2 Tbsp all-purpose flour
• 1/2 tsp dried thyme
• Salt and pepper to taste
1. Heat the olive oil in a slightly large pot or Dutch oven over medium heat. Add the beef cubes and cook for about 5 minutes, occasionally stirring, until lightly browned.
2. Add the onion and mushrooms to the pot and cook for another 5 minutes, often stirring, until the vegetables are softened. Add garlic and stir for one minute more.
3. Pour in beef broth, tomato paste, Worcestershire sauce, bay leaf, flour, and thyme, and season with salt & pepper to taste. Stir everything together and bring it to a boil.
4. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for 45 minutes, stirring occasionally. The stew should be thick and the beef tender.
5. Taste and adjust seasoning as needed with additional salt & pepper. Serve warm with desired accompaniment, such as mashed potatoes or rice.
Benefits of Beef and Mushroom Stew:
Beef and Mushroom Stew is a hearty dish that can be easily made. The combination of ingredients creates a flavorful, comforting meal for the whole family. This stew is also high in protein and fiber, providing essential nutrients for good health.
What is this recipe for?
This recipe is suitable for making a hearty, flavorful stew. It’s perfect for busy nights or cold winter days when you want something warm and comforting. This dish can easily be adjusted for those on a special diet, such as gluten-free, dairy-free, and vegan diets – substitute the beef with your preferred protein source and omit any ingredients that don’t fit the dietary requirements.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
Q: Can Beef and Mushroom Stew be frozen?
A: Beef and Mushroom Stew can be frozen for up to 3 months. Before freezing, ensure it is tightly sealed in an airtight container or heavy-duty freezer bag. When ready to eat, defrost in the refrigerator overnight and reheat on the stovetop until warm.
Q: How long will Beef and Mushroom Stew last in the fridge?
A: If stored properly, Beef and Mushroom Stew will last up to 4 days in the refrigerator. Store it in a covered container or wrap it tightly with plastic for maximum freshness. Reheat gently on the stovetop before eating.
Q: Can you make this recipe vegetarian?
A: You can make this recipe vegetarian by substituting beef with your favorite plant-based protein. Additionally, you can use vegetable broth instead of beef broth for an even richer flavor.
Beef and Mushroom Stew is a savory, comforting dish that will please the whole family. Not only is it delicious and easy to make, but it’s also full of protein, fiber, and other essential nutrients for good health. If you’re looking for a simple yet flavorful meal, this beef and mushroom stew recipe should be at the top of your list!