Being a foodie, I love trying different dishes to feel the goodness of food and cherish it with every bite. Well, of all the dishes I tried recently, my personal favorite is Chicken Salad Chick Lauryn lemon basil salad.
This simple yet divine chicken salad recipe transcends expectations with its incredible adaptability, proving to be a perfect match for crackers, salads, or the ever-satisfying embrace of a sandwich.
Chicken Salad Chick Lemon Basil Chicken Salad
Craving for the Chicken Salad Chick craze has been nothing short of a gastronomic revelation. The sheer goodness of their cuisine has become a beacon of delight and, for me, a go-to choice for a lunch that seamlessly balances lightness and refreshment. Amid their tempting offerings, the lemon basil chicken salad has carved out its place as an absolute favorite.
My ritual involves crafting this exceptional chicken salad and savoring it atop hearty wheat toast. However, the joy doesn’t end there—it harmonizes brilliantly with a crisp salad or becomes an ideal companion to the delightful snap of crackers.
The pleasure of whipping up a batch of this copycat chicken salad has become a cherished routine, ensuring that the convenience of a flavorsome and satisfying lunch is readily available for multiple days. Each bite is not just a culinary experience but a celebration of the art of recreating beloved flavors in the comfort of your own home.
So, for all those out there who are curious about what makes this salad that special, here I have brought you the unique recipe for this delicious chicken salad with chick lemon basil salad.
The adaptability of this chicken salad makes it an exquisite complement to crackers, salads, or a delectable sandwich. I have savored it on wholesome wheat toast and also paired it with a crisp salad in another instance.
My friend even recommended having it alongside a satisfying crunch of crackers. Whatever combination you pick, you will find it equally revitalizing and nourishing as ever.
What You Should Know About
While yet to be officially confirmed, intriguing whispers surround Chicken Salad Chick’s culinary techniques. Allegedly favoring chicken tenderloins, finely shredded and accompanied by Duke’s mayonnaise, the brand’s distinctive touch is echoed in the following recipe. Lauryn’s Lemon Basil traditionally incorporates chopped pecans, but feel free to tailor the dish to your liking.
This delightful chicken salad demands a harmonious blend of ingredients:
- Chicken Tenderloins: Approximately 1 pound for the base of the salad.
- Water: Essential for boiling the chicken tenderloins.
- Mayonnaise: Opt for Duke’s Mayonnaise for authenticity or your preferred full-fat brand.
- Seasonings: The blend of garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper for flavor enhancement.
- Celery: One large rib, finely chopped, adds a nice crunch.
- Basil: Fresh leaves to infuse an herbal aroma.
- Lemon: Freshly squeezed lemon juice is ideal, though bottled can be used in a pinch.
- Pecans (Optional): About ¼ cup of diced pecans for added texture, though they can be omitted based on preference.
To streamline the preparation, equip yourself with a hand or stand mixer (or employ the traditional method of two forks) and a reliable food processor.
How to Make Chicken Salad Chick Lemon Basil Chicken Salad
Let’s enjoy making this yummiest salad together:
1. Immerse chicken tenderloins in boiling water until fully cooked. It will take approximately 8-10 minutes, but you can always keep checking on it.
2. Employ forks or a mixer to delicately shred the cooked chicken, ensuring a finely textured result reminiscent of Chicken Salad Chick’s original. Make sure that the chicken is finely crushed, as it will ultimately affect the taste and feel of the salad at the end.
3. The food processor becomes your culinary ally, dicing the celery and chopping fresh basil with finesse. In case you do not have a food processor, resort to using the sharpest knife you have in your kitchen and finely cut the fresh basil.
4. In a large bowl, mix the shredded chicken with seasoned mayonnaise, finely diced celery, aromatic basil, and a tangy infusion of lemon juice. Each of these ingredients will impart their respective taste and texture, making this Chicken Salad a delight for you.
Optionally, introduce diced pecans for an added layer of texture and flavor.
How to Serve
Like any other salad, you can chill your salad before you present it in front of your guests or even yourself, for that matter. Alternatively, it will do even better if you keep it at room temperature.
As far as the combinations are concerned, you have endless options. My personal favorite is when I indulge in fruits by savoring the homemade chicken salad.
Whether you like it with the satisfying crunch of crackers, atop a vibrant green salad, or you nestle it between slices of toasted wheat bread, the options are as diverse as your palate desires.
How to Store Leftovers?
Preserving the freshness of your culinary creation is simple—store any remaining chicken salad in an airtight container. Refrigerated, it maintains its exquisite quality for up to four days, ensuring delightful lunches with minimal effort.
- Calories: 360 from fat 40%
- Total fat: 16g
- Cholesterol: 125mg
- Sodium: 430 g
- Carbohydrates: 12 g
- Net carbs: 10g
- Sugar: 2g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 44 g
Chicken Salad Chick Lemon Basil Chicken Salad
- 2 large chicken breast cooked and shredded
- 1 mayonnaise
- 1/4 lemon fresh basil leaves finely chopped
- 1 lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- pinch salt
- pinch black peppee
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup almonds: sliced (optional)
- 1/2 cup grapes halved (optional)
- 2 tablespoons green onion chopped (optional)
- Cook the chicken breasts until fully done. You can boil, grill, or bake them. Once cooked, let them cool and then shred them into bite-sized pieces.
- In a large bowl, combine the mayonnaise, finely chopped basil, lemon zest, and lemon juice. Add salt, black pepper, and garlic powder to this mix. Whisk everything together until well blended.
- Add the shredded chicken to the bowl with the dressing. Gently mix until the chicken is evenly coated.
- If you like, you can add sliced almonds, halved grapes, and chopped green onions for extra texture and flavor.
- Let the chicken salad chill in the refrigerator for at least an hour before serving. This allows the flavors to meld together.
- Serve on a bed of lettuce, as a sandwich filling, or enjoy it on its own.