Chicken Parmesan is a dish that conjures memories of family gatherings, laughter, and plates wiped clean. If your family is anything like mine, this classic has been a repeated request at dinner tables.
But here’s a twist: what if I told you we’re giving the age-old Chicken Parmesan a low-carb makeover? Yes, you read that right!
Dont you have Breadcrumbs? Dont worry. Our revamped Optavia chicken parmesan recipe skips the breadcrumbs, a common carb-culprit, and instead focuses on flavors that pop and a texture that’ll make your taste buds dance. It’s the perfect recipe for those watching their carb intake but unwilling to compromise on taste.
One thing I cherish about this recipe is its consistent promise: perfectly moist chicken. We lock in those delightful juices and flavors by roasting our chicken at a slightly higher temperature. It’s a culinary technique that ensures each bite is a harmonious blend of tenderness and taste.
So, if you’re looking for a dish that’s bound to be a hit, both in taste and health, look no further. Dive into this recipe and let your family experience the magic of low-carb Chicken Parmesan.
Why is Chicken Parmesan Good for You?
Chicken Parmesan, often celebrated for its delectable combination of crispy chicken, marinara sauce, and melted cheese, is more than just a culinary delight.
When you peel back the layers of flavors and textures, you find a dish with some surprisingly beneficial health properties.
- Rich in Essential Nutrients: Chicken Parmesan is a powerhouse of vital nutrients, including niacin, phosphorus, selenium, and protein. Each of these plays a unique role in bolstering our health.
- Niacin (Vitamin B3) Benefits: One of the star components of chicken is its niacin content. Niacin, also known as Vitamin B3, is essential for converting food into energy. It has the bonus of promoting heart health, as it can work to decrease LDL (often dubbed the “bad cholesterol”) and increase HDL (known as the “good cholesterol”). This plays a role in preventing the accumulation of cholesterol in the arterial walls.
- Selenium for Thyroid Health: Selenium, another standout nutrient found in Chicken Parmesan, is vital for proper thyroid function. The thyroid gland requires selenium to produce hormones, which regulate metabolism, energy, and mood.
- Asthma Symptom Relief: A lesser-known benefit of niacin and selenium is their potential to reduce asthma symptoms. While it’s important to remember that Chicken Parmesan isn’t a cure for asthma, these nutrients might offer some relief to those who suffer from this respiratory condition.
Easy Optavia Chicken Parmesan
Who doesn’t love to make and eat Optavia parmesan chicken, strips, and noodles?
Let’s consider what ingredients I used to make optavia chicken parmesan and how I make optavia chicken parmesan recipes.
Begin by preheating your oven to a perfect 375°F (190°C). As you let the oven reach its desired temperature, take a premium 6 oz chicken breast. With the finesse only a chef possesses, ensure its even thickness with a meat mallet, guaranteeing a uniformly cooked masterpiece.
For our innovative crust, in a mixing bowl, delicately blend 2 tablespoons of the finest freshly grated Parmesan with 1/4 cup of crushed Optavia Honey Chili Crunchers. Add a dash of Italian seasoning, infusing our dish with that unmistakable Mediterranean aroma.
Now, for the all-important coating process. Submerge the chicken into a perfectly whisked egg. Let the excess drip, a step ensuring the flawless adherence of our unique coating. Gently press the chicken into your Parmesan and Cruncher medley, guaranteeing an even layer.
Place this artfully coated chicken onto a baking dish and let it gracefully bake in the preheated oven. After 20 soulful minutes, artistically ladle a quarter cup of the most authentic low-sugar marinara sauce over the chicken.
Shower it with 1/4 cup of finely shredded mozzarella cheese to add richness. Return this masterpiece to the oven and patiently wait for another 10 minutes or until you witness a bubbly, golden crown on our chicken.
Finally, for a touch of freshness, sprinkle some freshly plucked basil. Your healthy Optavia Chicken Parmesan, a harmonious blend of tradition and health, is ready to steal the show.
Optavia Parmesan Chicken Strips Recipe
Here’s a spin on a flavorful and Optavia-compliant favorite for all the chefs and passionate home cooks.
- 1 lb of chicken breast, cut into strips
- 1/4 cup of crushed Optavia Honey Chili Crunchers (or any other suitable Optavia crunchy snack)
- 1 tsp of Italian seasoning (adjust to preference)
- 1/4 cup of freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 egg, beaten
- Fresh basil or parsley for garnish (optional)
Start by setting your oven to a steady 375°F (190°C). While it’s heating up, prepare your chicken strips, making sure they are consistently sized for uniform baking.
Skillfully combine the grated Parmesan and the crumbled Optavia Crunchers in another dish. Infuse this mixture with Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper, creating a crunchy and flavorful coating for your chicken strips.
In a separate bowl, have your beaten egg ready. Delicately dip each chicken strip into the egg, letting any excess gracefully drip off. Then, gently roll each strip in your Parmesan and Cruncher mixture, ensuring a thorough coat.
Place these artfully prepared strips onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, ensuring they don’t touch, allowing for optimal crisping. Allow them to bake in your oven for 15-20 minutes or until they achieve a golden hue and the chicken is cooked, reaching an internal temperature of 165°F (74°C).
Once ready, plate them with elegance, and for a touch of color and freshness, sprinkle them with finely chopped basil or parsley. Your Optavia Parmesan Chicken Strips, a delightful fusion of crunch, flavor, and health, are ready to be savored.
Chef’s Note: Always prioritize the quality of ingredients. The freshness of the Parmesan and the choice of Chicken Optavia Crunchers can make a world of difference in this dish. Also, consider serving these strips with a low-sugar marinara or a yogurt-based dipping sauce for added flair.
Optavia Chicken Parmesan with Zucchini Noodles
Do you love to cook chicken parmesan with zucchini noodles? What if I let you know that it’s a very simple and easy process to cook with chicken breast, egg, mozzarella cheese, and olive oil?
This special recipe is just like chicken Meatloaf Wellington with sun-dried tomatoes, which is very tasty and easy to cook.
- 1 lb chicken breast
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup crushed Optavia Honey Chili Crunchers (or any other suitable Optavia crunchy snack)
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup low-sugar marinara sauce
- 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2-3 zucchinis, spiralized into noodles
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Fresh basil or parsley for garnish (optional)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
Instructions of Optavia Chicken Parmesan with Zucchini Noodles
First, heat your oven to 375°F (190°C). While it’s heating, mix 1/4 cup of grated Parmesan cheese, 1/4 cup of crushed Optavia Crunchers, and one teaspoon of Italian seasoning. Add a bit of salt and pepper.
Dip your chicken breast in a beaten egg, then cover it with the cheese and cruncher mix. Put the chicken on a baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes. After that, spread some low-sugar marinara sauce on the chicken and sprinkle with 1/4 cup of mozzarella cheese. Bake for another 10 minutes.
While the chicken is baking, make your zucchini noodles. Cut 2-3 zucchinis into noodle shapes using a spiralizer tool. Cook these noodles in a pan with olive oil until soft.
Put the cooked zucchini noodles on a plate, and when the chicken is done, put it on top. Add some chopped basil or parsley if you like. And that’s it! You’ve made Optavia Chicken Parmesan with Zucchini Noodles.
Does Chicken Parmesan Have Carbs?
When thinking about classic Italian dishes, Chicken Parmesan surely tops the list for many. But the looming question for those on a carb-conscious journey is, “Does Chicken Parmesan have carbs?
Our reimagined Chicken Parmesan recipe is designed to deliver maximum flavor while being mindful of the carb count. This rendition makes mindful substitutions for a dish that traditionally relies on breadcrumbs to ensure it aligns with health-conscious choices.
Breaking it down, each serving dishes out:
- Calories: 361
- Fat: 10 grams (Saturated Fat: 3 grams)
- Cholesterol: 81 mg
- Sodium: 485 mg
- Carbohydrates: 26 grams
- Dietary Fiber: 3 grams
- Sugars: 8 grams
- Protein: 32 grams
So, while our Optavia Chicken Parmesan isn’t entirely carb-free, it’s considerably lower in carbs than many traditional versions!
Optavia Chicken Parmesan
- 24 oz raw boneless skinless Chicken Breasts (3 Leaner Leans)
- 1 tsp Dried Basil 1/2 Condiment
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat Parmesan Cheese grated (4 Condiments)
- 1/4 tsp Salt 1 Condiment
- 1 1/2 tbsp Butter melted (3 Healthy Fats)
- ¼ tsp Salt 1 Condiment
- ½ cup reduced-fat Parmesan Cheese grated (4 Condiments)
- 1 tsp Dried Basil ½ Condiment
- 1/2 tsp Dried Oregano 1/2 Condiment
- 1/2 tsp Paprika 1 Condiment
- ½ tsp Paprika 1 Condiment
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder 1 Condiment
- ½ tsp Dried Oregano ½ Condiment
- Set oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Ensure chicken strips are evenly sized.
- Combine grated Parmesan, crumbled Optavia Crunchers, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper.
- Coat chicken strips in the mixture.
- Bake until golden and cooked through.