Are you on a keto diet and missing the crunchy texture of breaded foods? Look no further than this easy-to-make 3-2-1 keto breading recipe!
This 3 2 1 breading keto recipe uses only three ingredients and is perfect for breading chicken, fish, vegetables, and more.
It’s completely keto-friendly, so you can enjoy all the crispy goodness without worrying about the carbs. The recipe gets its name from the 3-2-1 ratio of ingredients: 3 parts almond flour, two parts coconut flour, and 1 part golden flaxseed meal.
This recipe is a super duper option for those trying to follow the ketogenic diet but still crave bread. The 3-2-1 Keto breading recipe is gluten-free, low-carb, and high in super healthy fats, making it an excellent option for those following the ketogenic diet.
Ingredients to Make 3-2-1 Keto Breading
To make 3-2-1 Keto breading, you will need the following ingredients:
- 3 cups almond flour
- 2 cups coconut flour
- 1 cup golden flaxseed meal
- Five large eggs
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/2 cup water
- Two tablespoons active dry yeast
- Two tablespoons of honey
Easy 3-2-1 Keto Breading
- Combine the almond flour, grated parmesan cheese, coconut flour, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, salt, and black pepper in a medium-sized mixing bowl. Mix well to combine 3 2 1 Keto Breading.
- In a separate bowl, beat the eggs until they’re thoroughly mixed.
- Dip the food you want to bread into the beaten eggs, ensuring it’s fully coated.
- Place the egg-coated food into the breading mixture and press the breading mixture onto the food, making sure it’s fully coated.
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 until all the food is coated in the breading mixture.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add enough oil to coat the bottom of the pan.
- Once the oil is hot, add the breaded food to the pan. Cook until the breading is crispy and golden brown, occasionally flipping to cook both sides evenly.
- Once the food is fully cooked, please remove it from the pan and place it on a paper towel-lined plate to remove any excess oil.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
Tips and Variations for Keto Breading
- You can use more almond flour if you don’t have coconut flour.
- For a spicier breading, add some cayenne pepper or chili powder to the mixture.
- To make the extra breading crispy, double-coat the food by repeating the dipping and breading process.
- This breading works well with chicken, fish, vegetables, cheese sticks, or onion rings.
- Excess breading can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week.
This 3-2-1 keto breading makes approximately six servings.
Each serving contains:
- Calories: 248
- Fat: 20g
- Protein: 15g
- Carbohydrates: 5g
- Fibre: 3g
- Net Carbs: 2g
Using Almond And Coconut Flour For Cooking
Be confident if you’re new to using almond and coconut flour in your cooking! These ingredients are easy to find at most grocery stores and online retailers, and you can use them in various recipes.
Almond flour is made from finely ground almonds and is an excellent source of healthy fats and protein. Coconut flour is made from dried, ground coconut meat and is a good source of healthy fats and fibre.
Benefits Of Homemade 3-2-1 Keto Breading
In addition to being low-carb and gluten-free, this 3-2-1 keto breading recipe is also an excellent option for those looking to cut back on their processed food intake.
Many pre-made breaded foods contain added preservatives and other non-nutritive ingredients, which can harm your health in the long run.
Making your breading at home allows you to control the elements and ensure you eat a wholesome and nutritious meal.
Is 3-2-1 Keto breading gluten-free?
Yes, 3-2-1 Keto breading is gluten-free, made of almond flour, coconut flour, and golden flaxseed meal instead of wheat flour.
Can I make 3-2-1 Keto breading in a bread machine?
Yes, you can make 3-2-1 Keto breading in a bread machine. Add all the great ingredients to the bread machine according to the manufacturer’s instructions and set the device to the “dough” setting. Once the dough is ready, please remove it from the engine, shape it into a loaf, and bake it in your oven as the recipe directs.
Can I freeze 3-2-1 Keto breading?
Yes, you can freeze 3-2-1 Keto breading. Wrap it tightly in plastic wrap or aluminium foil, place it in an airtight container or a freezer bag, and freeze it for up to 3 months. Thaw it at room temperature or in the refrigerator when ready to use it.
Can I make any substitutions in the 3-2-1 Keto breading recipe?
You can make substitutions in the recipe. For example, you can use almond butter instead of coconut oil or another keto-friendly sweetener instead of honey. However, it is essential to note that substitutions may affect the yummy taste and texture of the bread.