If you are looking for a keto-friendly diet, then you must go for a keto burger patty recipe. You can enjoy it as a lunch dish or a dinner recipe.
The secret to substituting a hamburger is low-carb dense buns alternatives with lettuce leaves or any other vegetable salad.
There are endless combinations with various versions for making a tasty, nutritious burger. However, making a delicious keto burger is more easy than making a KFC-style burger.
So without waiting, let’s jump into the detailed recipe of a homemade keto burger patty.
Homemade Keto Beef Burger Patty
I’ve had my fair share of burgers over the years, but this homemade keto beef burger patty recipe truly stands out. The very moment you take that first bite, the rich and savory flavor of the beef marries perfectly with the aromatic hints of fresh parsley and the gentle kick of garlic.
What makes it even more indulgent is the melted Parmesan cheese inside the patty. It not only binds the ingredients together but also adds a delightful cheesy undertone, elevating the entire experience.
Cooking it to just the right doneness ensures it’s juicy and succulent – every bite is an explosion of flavors and textures, making it nearly impossible to resist.
Wrapped in fresh lettuce or paired with crisp veggies on the side, it’s not just a keto meal but a gourmet experience in its own right.
How to Make Low Carb Keto Burger Patty?
I whipped up some incredibly delicious low-carb Keto burger patties for a guilt-free indulgence. To make them, I started with a pound of frozen lean ground beef and seasoned it with a pinch of salt, pepper, and a hint of garlic powder for that extra flavor punch.
For a Keto-friendly binder, I added a quarter cup of almond flour, which helped hold everything together perfectly. To ensure the patties stayed moist and juicy, I mixed in a tablespoon of melted butter and shaped the mixture into thick, mouthwatering patties.
Then, I sizzled them up on a hot skillet for about 4-5 minutes per side until they were perfectly cooked to my liking.
Irresistibly flavorful and satisfying Keto burger patties, ready to be enjoyed with all my favorite low-carb fixings. It’s the ultimate guilt-free burger experience!
How Many Calories in a Keto Burger Patty?
Here are the keto homemade burger patty calories.
- Ground Beef (80/20):
- 1 lb (or 16 ounces) has approximately 1,136 calories.
- Grated Parmesan Cheese:
- 1/2 cup has about 216 calories.
- 1/4 cup has negligible calories, so we’ll estimate it at about 1 calorie.
- 1 Large Egg:
- Approximately 70 calories.
- 2 cloves have about 10 calories.
- Salt and pepper:
- Negligible calories.
Combining these, the total for the keto burger patty mixture is roughly 1,433 calories. If you make 4 patties from this mixture, each patty would be about 358.25 calories.
Homemade Keto Burger Patty Recipe
- 1 lb ground beef preferably 80/20 for juiciness
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 large egg
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- First, grab a big mixing bowl. Combine the ground beef, grated Parmesan, fresh parsley, minced garlic, and egg. I find using my hands the best way to mix everything thoroughly.
- Season your mixture with salt and pepper. I usually go with a pinch or two of each, but adjust to your liking.
- Divide the mixture into 4 equal portions. Shape each portion into a patty. Make them as thick or as thin as you like, but remember they’ll shrink a bit when cooking.
- Now, heat up your grill or skillet over medium-high heat. Once it’s nice and hot, cook the patties for about 4-5 minutes on each side, or until they’re cooked to your preferred doneness.
- Once they’re done, take them off the heat and let them rest for a couple of minutes. This keeps all those tasty juices inside.
Can I eat burger patties on keto?
Yes, you can eat any type of burger on keto; cheeseburgers are the best ones because they contain low carbs without the bun and are high in protein and fat.
What is a keto burger made of?
The must-haves for keto burgers are cheese, bacon, ground beef patty, caramelized onions, sliced tomato pickles, and many more options. Mustard is also keto-friendly, but the layer of mayo or burger sauces can be higher in carbs and sugar.
So giving up grains is one of the most challenging parts of your keto burger patty recipe. One of the best options for an alternative to a high-energy, low-carb food is a burger with vegetables or meat. Any type of burger with a nutritious high level is incomplete without a patty and toppings like mayo sauces, layers of lettuce leaves, cabbage, tomatoes, and onions paired with all other vegetables of your choice.