Recently, I was in the mood for something zesty yet simple, and that’s when I stumbled upon this easy lemon dump cake which is an absolute gem.
There’s something magical about the tangy sweetness of lemon in a dessert, and this lemon cake captures that essence beautifully. I’ve tinkered and tasted it, and I’m thrilled to share this recipe with you.
It’s not just a recipe; it’s a piece of my kitchen, a bite of my day, a slice of the joy I felt when I first took it out of the oven.
So, let’s try how I made magic lemon dump cake in only 55 minutes!
Easy Lemon Dump Cake Recipe without Cream Cheese
I recently whipped up this delectable lemon dump cake recipe, and I’ve got to say, it’s a delicious lemon cake.
I started by preheating my oven to 350°F and prepping a 9×13-inch baking dish. Then, I laid down a luscious layer of lemon pie filling, sprinkled evenly with a box of lemon cake mix, foregoing any mixing.
Drizzling melted butter over the top, I made sure to cover most of the dry mix, creating that crave-worthy golden crust. After baking it until golden perfection for about 25-30 minutes, I let it cool briefly.
We’ve made a bunch of other dump cakes, like the sweet strawberry dump cake, juicy peach dump cake, classic apple dump cake, cozy pumpkin dump cake, tropical pineapple dump cake, and tangy blueberry dump cake.
Even without the usual cream cheese, the cake’s tangy-sweet contrast, paired with its gooey center and crisp top, was pure magic. Best enjoyed with a scoop of vanilla ice cream, this effortless dessert is sure to impress without any of the fuss!
Looking for more quick treats? Check out more simple dessert ideas on my magic lemon cobbler recipe!
How to Make Easy Lemon Dump Cake
Whipping up an easy lemon dump cake is a cinch!
Begin by preheating the oven to a toasty 350°F (175°C) and grabbing a 9×13-inch baking dish. Lay down a luscious layer of lemon pie filling, straight out of the can. Sprinkle your lemon cake mix uniformly over the top, relishing in the no-mix simplicity of this dessert.
Finish with a generous drizzle of melted butter, ensuring a future golden crust. Pop it in the oven for about 25-30 minutes. As it bakes, your kitchen will be enveloped in a tantalizing lemon aroma.
Once it emerges with a golden-brown top and a gooey center, let it cool briefly, then dive in! This cake is the embodiment of ease and lemony delight, perfect for any occasion.
Do You Need to Refrigerate a Dump Cake?
Is refrigeration necessary for a dump cake? The answer varies based on its components.
For instance, a simple and easy 3-ingredient lemon dump cake that skips the cream cheese can comfortably sit out. However, if you’ve added cream cheese to your lemon dump cake, it’s best to play it safe and store it in the refrigerator.
Moreover, if you’re experiencing a particularly hot day or your kitchen tends to be on the warmer side, it’s a wise choice to refrigerate the cake to maintain its best quality.
Easy Lemon Dump Cake
- 1 box about 15.25 oz lemon cake mix
- 1 can 21 oz lemon pie filling
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter melted
- Zest of 1 lemon for an extra citrusy kick Optional
- First, I got my oven going at 350°F (175°C) and lightly greased a 9×13-inch baking dish.
- Pouring the can of lemon pie filling into the baking dish, I spread it out evenly.
- I then sprinkled the lemon cake mix all over the pie filling. I didn’t even bother with mixing; I just ensured an even spread.
- Drizzling the melted butter over the cake mix was oddly satisfying. It’s essential to cover as much of the mix as possible, ensuring a lovely golden crust.
- Into the oven it went for about 25-30 minutes. I knew it was ready when the top was golden brown and had a slight crispy texture.
- I let it cool just a bit (the aroma made it a real challenge to wait!) and then dug in. The gooey lemon filling with the slightly crispy topping was pure bliss.