With this easy air fryer chicken fried steak recipe, you can enjoy crispy, golden-brown chicken fried steak at home. The best part? You can even start with frozen steaks!
The beauty of this recipe lies in the combination of juicy meat and a crunchy exterior, achieved without the need for deep frying. With just a few steps, you can create a homemade version of this beloved comfort food to please your taste buds.
So, fire up your air fryer and enjoy a deliciously crispy and flavorful chicken fried steak that will leave you wanting more.
Our Air Fryer Chicken Fried Steak is a delight with its crispy coating and tender interior. Whether serving it as a comforting weeknight dinner or a crowd-pleasing weekend feast, this recipe delivers flavor and convenience. To begin, preheat your air fryer to 400°F (200°C). While it’s heating up, prepare your chicken fried steak. If you’re using frozen steaks, let them thaw slightly before seasoning.
Now comes the fun part—dredging the cube steak!
Each piece is lovingly coated in the seasoned flour mixture, then dipped into the egg mixture, and coated once more in the flour mixture. This double coating ensures a delightful crunch and robust flavor with every bite.
Placing the prepared country-fried steak pieces in the air fryer basket, we ensure they lie side by side without overcrowding. The air fryer works magic, cooking the steak until it reaches that coveted golden-brown perfection. The cooking time may vary slightly depending on your air fryer model, but in just about 12-15 minutes, you’ll be rewarded with beautifully cooked chicken fried steak.
Why You’ll Love Chicken Fried Steak Recipe, Air Fryer
We love Air Fryer Chicken Fried Steak recipe because it combines the crispy, flavorful satisfaction of traditional fried steak with the ease and health benefits of air frying.
It’s a delicious, family-friendly chicken reheating steaks comfort food option that will become a favorite in your household.
This Air Fryer Chicken Fried Steak recipe offers a delightful combination of a crispy coating and juicy, tender meat. The best part is it achieves this without the hassle and strong odors associated with traditional deep frying methods.
The dish features a generous serving of peppery white gravy loaded on top, which perfectly complements the flavors of the chicken fried steak. The recipe incorporates a blend of herbs and spices, enhancing the overall taste and creating a comforting, flavorful experience.
The chicken air fryer recipe includes panko bread crumbs to achieve an extra level of crispiness. These bread crumbs add a satisfying crunch to every bite, making the dish even more enjoyable.
One of the great advantages of this recipe is that it appeals to both adults and children. Its classic flavors and comforting nature make it a favorite among all age groups.
Additionally, this recipe guides how to cook air fryer chicken fried steak from scratch and how to reheat leftovers in the air fryer. It even includes instructions on how to cook frozen country-fried steak in the air fryer, offering versatility and convenience for meal planning.
How to Cook Frozen Country Fried Steak
- You can cook frozen country fried steak in the air fryer; start by preheating the air fryer for 5 minutes. Set the temperature to 400°F (200°C) and let the empty basket heat up.
- Once preheated, place the frozen chicken fried steaks directly in the air fryer basket. Make sure they are arranged in a single layer without overlapping.
- Next, generously spray the frozen steaks with cooking spray. This step helps to promote browning and achieve a crispy texture.
- Set the air fryer temperature to 380°F (190°C) and cook the steaks for 10-12 minutes. Flip the steaks halfway through the cooking time to ensure even browning.
- The country fried steaks are ready when they are nicely browned and heated through. Remember to adjust the cooking time slightly if needed, depending on the thickness of the steaks and the air fryer model you’re using.
- Once cooked, carefully remove the steaks from the air fryer and let them cool slightly before serving. Pair them with your favorite sides and enjoy a delicious, hassle-free meal.
Note: It’s important to refer to the instructions provided with your frozen country fried steak package, as cooking times and temperatures may vary slightly.
How to Reheat Leftovers
- Preheat the air fryer for 5 minutes by setting the temperature to 400°F (200°C). This allows the air fryer basket to heat up.
- Place the leftover country fried steak in the air fryer basket. Arrange it in a single layer without overcrowding the basket.
- Generously spray the leftover steak with cooking spray. This helps to restore moisture and prevent the steak from drying out during reheating.
- Set the air fryer temperature to 360°F (180°C) and reheat the steak for 4-5 minutes. Keep an eye on the steak and adjust the time slightly if needed, depending on the thickness of the steak and the desired level of warmth.
- Once the steak is heated through and reaches the desired temperature, carefully remove it from the air fryer.
- Allow the reheated country-fried steak to cool for a moment before serving. This helps the juices redistribute within the steak, resulting in a more flavorful bite.
Note: It’s essential to ensure the leftover steak is properly reheated to a safe internal temperature. Use a food thermometer to verify that the steak reaches at least 165°F (74°C) for optimal food safety.
With these simple steps, you can enjoy your delicious leftover country-fried steak warmed up and crispy again.
Chicken Fried Steak in Oven
1. Place an oven-safe cooling rack on a baking sheet. Grease the frame with cooking spray or oil to prevent sticking. Then, please place it in the oven.
2. Preheat the oven to 425°F (220°C) and let the rack and baking sheet heat up together.
3. While the oven is preheating, prepare the chicken steaks by following your preferred recipe or using pre-made steaks.
4. Once the oven has reached the desired temperature, carefully remove the hot baking sheet with the greased cooling rack from the oven.
5. Place the chicken fried steaks on the greased rack, ensuring they are evenly spaced and not touching each other.
6. Return the baking sheet with the steaks and rack to the oven. Bake the steaks for approximately 6 minutes.
7. After 6 minutes, flip the steaks over using tongs or a spatula to ensure even cooking. Return the baking sheet to the oven and continue baking for another 4-5 minutes or until the steaks are cooked to your desired level of doneness.
8. If desired, give the chicken fried steaks a final touch of golden brown color by switching the oven to the broil setting on high for a brief period. Keep a close eye on them during broiling to prevent burning.
9. Once the chicken fried steaks are cooked and golden brown, remove them from the oven. Allow them to rest for a few minutes before serving.
How To Make An Easy Gravy With Air Fryer Cube Steaks
This is an easy gravy guide to cook air fryer cube steaks while the country fried steaks are cooking. Therefore you can prepare gravy for an air fryer cube easily.
Start by melting butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Once the butter has melted, slowly whisk in the flour, milk, salt, and pepper. Continue to cook the mixture on medium heat, stirring constantly, until it thickens.
You can adjust the consistency of the gravy by adding more milk until you reach your desired thickness. If you prefer a thicker gravy, use less milk; if you prefer a thinner gravy, add more milk.
Remove the saucepan from the stove once the gravy has thickened to your liking. Pour the homemade gravy over the cooked Air Fryer Cube Steaks, allowing the rich flavors to complement each other.
Now you can enjoy your Air Fryer Cube Steaks with delicious and easy homemade gravy!
Please refer to the original post or source for the full recipe and more detailed instructions.
Serve your Air Fryer Cube Steaks with homemade gravy for a tasty and satisfying meal!
AIR FRYER CHICKEN FRIED STEAK
- 1 pound cube steak
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup water
- In a shallow bowl, combine flour, garlic powder, salt,paprika, and pepper. Mix the ingredients together. In a separate bowl, whiskthe egg and water together.
- Take a piece of cube steak and coat it in the flour mixture,ensuring all sides are well coated. Then dip it into the egg mixture, followedby another coat of flour mixture. Repeat this process with the remaining cubedsteak pieces.
- Place the country fried steak pieces side by side in the airfryer basket. If you're concerned about sticking, you can spray the air fryerwith an EVO Oil Mister before placing the chicken fried steak down.Additionally, using an air fryer parchment round can help with clean-up.
- Cook the chicken fried steak in the air fryer until itreaches a golden brown color and is cooked through. This typically takes about12-15 minutes, but cooking times may vary depending on the air fryer model.
- Once the chicken fried steak is cooked, carefully remove itfrom the air fryer and allow it to rest for a few minutes before serving.