Easy Keto Salmon Cakes are a testament to the balance between taste and nutrition.
With every bite, you savor the goodness of a dish that satisfies your cravings while keeping you firmly on track with your keto salmon cakes.
Let’s dive into the wonderful world of the Keto Salmon Cakes recipe. These salmon cakes will become your new favorite go-to if you’re all about keto cakes for a living and want something tasty and nourishing.
Keto Salmon Cake Recipes
However, since I discovered Dairy-Free in my recent Dairy-Free Keto, my culinary journey has taken a remarkable turn.
Another highlight of this dish is the delightful avocado garnish it’s crowned with. It injects a vibrant flavor and enhances the dish’s nutritional value by boosting the fat quotient.
A quick heads-up regarding the recipe: While you can opt for fresh salmon and then proceed to cook it, I prioritize simplicity, ready availability, and practicality over premium wild catches.
The choice is yours!
Keto Salmon Cakes Nutrition
Recently, I’ve leaped into my comfort keto cheesecake or salmon cake zone, pledging to experiment with one unfamiliar recipe each week.
These salmon patties are unbelievably quick to whip up (think under 15 minutes!) and are perfect for keeping in the refrigerator for subsequent meals.
- Calories: 542
- Total Carbs: 10g
- Fiber: 6g
- NET Carbs: 4g
- Protein: 10g
- Fat: 50g
Here is how to make easy keto salmon cakes!
Easy Keto Salmon Cakes
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green onions
- 2 cans (14.75 oz each) wild-caught pink salmon, drained and flaked
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon freshlemon juice
- 2 tablespoons oconut oil or avocado oil (for cooking)
- 1 teaspoon Old Bay seasoning (or blend of your favorite keto-friendly spices)
- In a large bowl, combine the drained and flaked salmon, almond flour, chopped green onions, mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, fresh lemon juice, Old Bay seasoning, salt, and pepper.
- Crack the eggs into the bowl with the other ingredients.
- Gently mix all the ingredients until well combined. Be careful not to over mix, as you want the salmon to remain some what chunky.
- Divide the mixture into 6 equal portions and shape each portion into a patty.
- Heat the coconut oil or avocado oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Once the oil is hot, carefully place the salmon patties in the skillet. Cook for about 3-4 minutes on each side, or until they are golden brown and cooked through.
- Once cooked, transfer the salmon cakes to a plate lined with paper towels to absorb any excess oil.
- Serve the salmon cakes with your choice of keto-friendly dipping sauce or a side salad.
- Enjoy your delicious and easy Keto Salmon Cakes!
How Many Carbs Are In Salmon Cakes?
In a Salmon Cake or Patty, often referred to as a Salmon Croquette (1 ball), there are 7.3g of total carbs. After subtracting the dietary fiber, you’re left with 6.8g of net carbs. It comprises 8.2g of fat and 8.6g of protein and provides 139 calories.
Can You Eat Salmon On Keto?
Salmon is a great choice for those following a keto diet. A 100g serving of salmon, roughly equivalent to one fillet, offers 26g of protein and 11.8g of fat. Most importantly, it contains 0g of carbohydrates.