“If you’ve been longing for the flavors of Chinese cuisine and you’re on a keto diet, this recipe is a definite must-try – Keto Chicken Fried Cauliflower Rice, a deliciously flavorful low-carb side dish that’s so satisfying it could easily be savored as a meal!”
Curiosity piqued, I decided to try my hand at the Chicken Fried Cauliflower Rice keto recipe, which promised to merge the essence of traditional fried rice with the magic of low-carb goodness. Little did I know that this gastronomic experiment would result in a revelation that not only tantalized my taste buds but also satisfied my cravings for flavor and health-conscious choices.
As I followed the carefully crafted steps, the transformation of simple cauliflower florets into a rice-like texture fascinated me. The sizzle of coconut oil, the fragrant sautéed onions, and the tender bites of chicken evoked an anticipatory aroma that filled my kitchen.
When the sriracha and soy sauce mingled, a symphony of flavors unfolded, enveloping the ingredients in a harmonious blend that spoke of authenticity and creativity.
Adding the vibrant touch of broccoli, I watched as the steam worked its magic, rendering the vegetable tender yet crisp. And then, the moment of truth: the cauliflower rice. With a sprinkle of salt and a dash of soy sauce, it came to life, absorbing the savory essence of the dish.
The culmination of the 15-20 minutes of cooking felt like a culinary symposium, where each ingredient showcased its unique character while contributing to collective ingredients.
I discovered a fusion of flavors with every forkful that danced across my palate. The tender cauliflower rice held the essence of the savory keto chicken, the subtle heat of sriracha, and the comforting familiarity of fried rice, all while embracing the principles of keto.
At that moment, I realized that the Keto Chicken Fried Cauliflower Rice was more than a recipe – it was a triumph of ingenuity, a testament to the fact that flavor need not be compromised on a keto journey.
With each bite, I relished the deliciousness I had crafted in my kitchen, a taste that defied expectations and celebrated the joy of mindful eating.
How Do You Make Keto Chicken Fried Cauliflower Rice?
Chicken Fried Rice into a keto-friendly version is a straightforward and rewarding endeavor.
With these simple steps, you’ll have a delectable Chicken Fried Cauliflower Rice Keto that fills your plate with all the rich flavors of your favorite Chinese dish while keeping your carb intake in check. Enjoy the fusion of taste and health benefits in every mouthful!
Here’s how do you make chicken fried rice keto:
1. Cauliflower Rice Swap: The key to making this keto-friendly dish is replacing the high-carb rice with cauliflower rice. Chop a medium head of cauliflower into florets and pulse it in a food processor until it’s broken down into rice-sized pieces.
This low-carb alternative offers a similar texture and works wonderfully as your Chicken Fried Rice base.
2. Lean Protein: Opt for lean protein sources, like diced chicken breast. This ensures that your dish remains satisfying without adding unnecessary fat or carbs. Cook the chicken in a healthy oil like avocado or ghee; these options are keto-approved and contribute to the rich flavor.
3. Veggies Galore: Load up on non-starchy vegetables like onions, garlic, peas, and carrots to enhance the nutritional value and flavors of your dish.
4. Egg-cellent Addition: Incorporate scrambled eggs into your chicken-fried Fried Cauliflower Rice for that authentic fried rice texture. Eggs are low in carbs and provide a great source of protein.
5. Soy Sauce Swap: Instead of regular soy sauce, use low-sodium or tamari to reduce the carb content. These options still provide that classic umami flavor without the excess carbs.
6. Healthy Fats: Add a dash of sesame oil for that signature fried rice taste. Sesame oil is full of flavor, and a little goes a long way.
7. Seasoning and Garnish: Enhance the taste with salt, pepper, and perhaps a pinch of red pepper flakes if you like it spicy. For a burst of freshness, garnish with sliced green onions.
How Many Calories In One Serving Of Keto Cauliflower Rice?
For serving one, here is a breakdown of keto cauliflower rice nutrition!
Total Carbs: 10.74g
Net Carbs: 7.65g
Calories: 289 Calories
Keto Chicken Fried Cauliflower Rice
- 1 tablespoon sriracha
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce or liquid aminos divided
- 2 cups broccoli cut into small florets
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 egg
- 1 stalk green onion sliced
- 1 small head of cauliflower riced
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- ¼ cup onion chopped
- 1 pound uncooked chicken breast cubed
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- Begin by preparing the cauliflower rice. Remove the cauliflower's core and leaves, then cut them into florets.
- Place these florets into a food processor and pulse until they achieve a rice-like texture.
- Set this cauliflower rice aside in a large bowl. Alternatively, you can opt for a convenient steamer bag of pre-riced cauliflower worth about 4 cups.
- Heat coconut oil in a skillet over medium heat until it’s melted. Add the onion to the pan and sauté until it becomes fragrant.
- Add the diced chicken to the skillet and sprinkle it with garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Saute the chicken until it’s fully cooked and turns golden.
- Pour in the sriracha and half of the soy sauce to coat the chicken with flavorful goodness.
- Add the broccoli and some water to the pan, then cover it. Allow the mixture to steam for 5-7 minutes until the broccoli softens.
- Incorporate the cauliflower rice into the pan, giving it a sprinkle of salt, and pour in the remaining soy sauce.
- Gently stir everything together, ensuring the cauliflower rice is well-coated.
- Continue cooking for 15-20 minutes, until the broccoli reaches a fork-tender texture and the cauliflower rice becomes soft.
- Clear a space in the center of the pan by pushing the cauliflower rice and veggies to the edges.
- Crack an egg open in this cleared area. Allow it to fry, breaking the yolk apart with a fork.
- Once fully cooked, gently mix the egg into the cauliflower rice and veggie mixture. For an extra touch, garnish with sliced green onions and sesame seeds according to your preference.
Can You Have Cauliflower On A Keto Diet?
Cauliflower is a fantastic addition to a keto diet due to its remarkably low carb content. It’s indeed a keto-friendly vegetable!
With just 5.3 grams of net carbs in one cup of florets, cauliflower is a versatile and nutritious choice. Cauliflower can easily replace various starchy foods such as potatoes and rice and even create savory baked goods.
Is fried cauliflower high in calories?
Fried cauliflower, specifically one serving of Crispy Fried Cauliflower, contains approximately 153 calories. This portion constitutes around 8 percent of the daily caloric intake recommended for an average adult following a standard 2,000-calorie diet. To manage calorie consumption effectively, it’s important to be mindful of portion sizes when enjoying fried cauliflower.
Does fried cauliflower have carbs?
Indeed, Fried fried-battered cauliflower, specifically one floweret, contains a carbohydrate content of 3.6 grams. However, the net carbs, which account for the impact on blood sugar, are 3.2 grams. Alongside these carb values, this portion of fried cauliflower offers 4.1 grams of fat and 1 gram of protein and amounts to 55 calories. These nutritional details provide insight into this dish’s carbohydrate and caloric components.
When should you not eat cauliflower?
Knowing when to avoid consuming cauliflower ensures its freshness and safety. As highlighted by Eataholix.com, while cauliflower naturally develops oxidative brown spots, it’s not a cause for concern until it transitions from light brown to dark brown or even black hue.