This Girello roast recipe is savory and sweet, with a hint of aromatic herbs and spices! This Italian-inspired dish is sure to be enjoyed by your guests. Whether you’re looking for a comforting Sunday dinner or an impressive holiday meal, this roast will be sure to please.
Two tablespoons of olive oil
Two cloves garlic, minced
One teaspoon of dried oregano
One teaspoon of dried rosemary
One teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon ground pepper
2–3 pounds of girello roast (or another cut of beef)
- Preheat your oven upto 350°F (175°C). Line a roasting pan with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, combine the olive oil, garlic, oregano, rosemary, salt, and pepper. Mix until combined.
- Place the grill roast in the roasting pan. Spread the herb mixture over the entire surface of the roast with your hands or a spoon.
- Roast for 1 to 2 hours (depending on size) or until an internal temperature of 135°F (57°C) is reached for medium-rare doneness when tested with a meat thermometer inserted into the center of the roast; 145°F (62°C) for medium doneness; 160°F (71°C) for well done.
- Allow the roast to rest for 10 minutes before slicing and serving.
Tips and Tricks:
– If desired, add other herbs and spices, such as thyme or paprika, to your herb mix.
– For additional flavor, consider basting the roast with melted butter and wine before roasting.
– Leftover girello roast makes great sandwiches! Slice the meat thin and spread with some mustard and mayonnaise on bread or rolls.
What is girello roast:
Girello roast is a cut of beef from the chuck primal, located in the shoulder area of the cow. It’s often sold rolled and tied, as it tends to be unevenly shaped. This makes it a great option for roasting, as you can tie it up and form it into an even shape before cooking. Girello roast is well-marbled with fat, which helps keep it juicy and flavorful when cooked. It has a robust flavor that pairs nicely with herbs and spices, making it perfect for Italian dishes like this.
Frequently asked questions:
Q: What is the best way to cook a girello roast?
A: The best way to cook a girello roast is to roast it in the oven. Preheat your oven 350°F (175°C) and line a roasting pan with parchment paper. Rub the herb mixture over the entire surface of the roast before putting it into the oven. Roast for 1-2 hours or until an internal temperature of 135°F (57°C) is reached for medium-rare doneness when tested with a meat thermometer inserted into the mid of the roast; 145°F (62°C) for medium doneness; 160°F (71°C) for well done. Allow the roast to rest for 10 minutes before slicing and serving.
Q: How do you store leftovers?
A: Leftover girello roast should be stored in an airtight container and refrigerated within 2 hours of cooking. It can be eaten cold or reheated in the oven, skillet, or microwave until it reaches an internal temperature of 165°F (74°C). Leftover girello roast will keep for 3-4 days in the refrigerator.
Q: Can girello roast be frozen?
A: Yes, the girello roast can be frozen. Wrap it very tightly in plastic wrap and place it in an airtight container or freezer bag. It will keep for up to 6 months in the freezer. To thaw, place it in your refrigerator overnight, then reheat as desired.
This Girello roast recipe is an easy and impressive way to make a delicious meal for your family or guests. With its savory herbs, aromatic spices, and juicy meat, it’s sure to be a hit! Plus, the leftovers make great sandwiches. With just a few pantry staples, herbs, and spices, you can create this delicious dish that will please your guests. Serve with roasted vegetables and mashed potatoes or a crisp salad for the perfect meal Hope you loved the recipe. Stay tuned, all foodies.
Enjoy your super meal 🙂