Have you ever craved the incredible taste of fathead pizza pockets while staying on the keto track? Well, guess what – you’re in for a treat!
We’ve whipped up a batch of our very own keto fathead pizza pockets that are not only homemade but also unbelievably delicious.
So, are you craving a delicious pizza while staying true to your keto lifestyle? Our Fathead Pizza Pockets recipe is the best solution.
These golden pockets of cheesy goodness are made with a low-carb, gluten-free crust that mimics traditional pizza dough.
We made these right in our kitchen, and the results are mouthwatering. So, check the low-carb homemade keto pizza and fathead dough as we walk you through crafting these sensational pockets of joy you won’t believe we made ourselves!
Why this recipe?
Our keto fathead pizza pockets offer all the satisfaction of traditional keto pizza pocket recipes in a convenient and wholesome form.
Low-Carb Keto Fathead Pizza Pockets
Craving the flavors of pizza but want to keep it low-carb?
Say hello to our simple and easy keto fathead pizza pockets!
First, get 1 ½ cups of shredded mozzarella cheese and 2 oz of cream cheese in a bowl.
Pop it in the microwave until it’s all melty and mixed up. Next, toss in ¾ cup of almond flour, a touch of Italian seasoning, and a pinch of salt.
Stir all in, add a giant egg, and knead everything into a smooth dough. Heat your oven to 375°F (190°C), divide that dough into pieces, and roll each piece into a circle about ¼-inch thick.
Now comes the fun part! Spread about ½ cup of low-carb marinara sauce on one side, then sprinkle on ¾ cup of shredded mozzarella cheese and your favorite keto-friendly pizza toppings – pepperoni, sausage, you name it!
Fold the dough over the fillings, press and seal the edges, and onto a baking sheet they go. Pop them in the oven for 15-20 minutes until golden and melty.
Let them cool down just a bit before digging in. These pockets are perfect for a quick snack or a satisfying low-carb meal that brings that pizza goodness to your plate, minus the carbs!
Keto Fathead Pizza Pockets
For the Dough
- 1 ½ cups mozzarella cheese shredded
- 2 oz cream cheese
- 1 large egg
- ¾ cup almond flour
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- A pinch of salt
For the Filling
- ½ cup low-carb marinara sauce
- ¾ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Your favorite pizza toppings e.g., pepperoni, cooked sausage, diced bell peppers
Making the Dough
- Combine the shredded mozzarella and cream cheese in a microwave-safe bowl. Heat in 20-second intervals, stirring each time, until the cheeses are melted and combined.
- Add the almond flour, Italian seasoning, and a pinch of salt to the melted cheese mixture.
- Crack in the egg and mix the ingredients thoroughly until a uniform dough forms.
Assembling the Pizza Pockets
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Divide the dough into equal portions based on the number of pockets you want to make. Usually, this recipe yields about four pockets.
- Roll out each dough portion between two sheets of parchment paper into a circular or oval shape, about ¼-inch thick.
Adding the Fillings
- Spoon a tablespoon of marinara sauce onto one half of each dough circle, leaving a border around the edges.
- Sprinkle shredded mozzarella cheese over the sauce.
- Layer on your preferred pizza toppings: pepperoni, cooked sausage, diced bell peppers, or a combination.
Folding and Baking
- Carefully fold the other half of the dough over the fillings, creating a half-moon shape.
- Gently press the edges of the dough together and use a fork to crimp and seal them.
- Transfer the assembled pizza pockets to the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake the pizza pockets in the oven for 15-20 minutes until golden brown and the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Remove from the oven and let them cool slightly before serving.
Enjoy Your Keto Pizza Pockets
- Serve your warm pizza pockets with additional marinara sauce for dipping.
- These pockets are a fantastic on-the-go snack or a satisfying meal, perfect for satisfying your pizza cravings while staying keto-friendly.