This keto poblano bowl is the perfect meal for any busy day. The combination of spicy poblano peppers, hearty ground beef, and cumin-infused cauliflower rice comes together in a delicious and satisfying bowl that will please even the pickiest of eaters. Plus, it can be whipped up in under 30 minutes.
- two tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- one small onion, diced
- three cloves garlic, minced
- two large poblano peppers, seeds removed and diced
- two teaspoons of ground cumin
- one teaspoon of dried oregano
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups cauliflower rice
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Chopped fresh cilantro for garnish
- Heat the olive oil in a slightly large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the ground beef, and onion and cook until the beef is browned about 5 minutes. Stir in garlic, poblano peppers, cumin, oregano, paprika, salt, and pepper. Cook for an additional 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the cauliflower rice to the pan with the beef mixture and stir to combine. Cover and reduce heat to low. Simmer for only 10 minutes or until heated through, and vegetables are tender.
- To serve, top with cheese and cilantro. Enjoy!
Tips And Tricks:
- You can make this dish super spicier by adding 1-2 teaspoons of chili powder or cayenne pepper.
- For a vegetarian version, substitute the ground beef with diced mushrooms and crumbled tempeh or tofu.
- To save time, use pre-made cauliflower rice instead of making your own.
- Serve with a side salad for a 100% yummy meal.
- Leftovers will be kept in an airtight container in your refrigerator for up to three days. Reheat over low heat when ready to serve.
Where does keto poblano come from:
The Keto poblano bowl is a low-carb spin on the classic Mexican dish, Poblano Bowl. The traditional version of this dish includes rice and beans as its base, but this keto-friendly version replaces the carbs with healthy cauliflower rice and lean ground beef. Poblano peppers are also a key ingredient in this dish, lending an earthy flavor and subtle heat to every bite, balanced by the sharp cheddar cheese and fresh cilantro for garnish. So if you’re looking for an easy weeknight meal that’s both delicious and nutritious, try this keto poblano bowl.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Q: Is this dish gluten-free?
A: Yes, this dish is naturally gluten-free.
Q: Can I substitute the beef for chicken or turkey?
A: You can easily substitute beef for ground chicken or turkey in this recipe.
Q: How can I make this dish spicier?
A: Add 1-2 teaspoons of chili powder or cayenne pepper to increase the heat level.
Q: Does this dish freeze well?
A: The leftovers will keep in an airtight container in the freezer for up to 2.5-3 months. When ready to serve, thaw overnight in the refrigerator and reheat over low heat until warmed.
Q: How do I store leftovers?
A: Leftovers will keep in an airtight jar in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. When ready to serve, reheat over low heat until warmed through.
This keto poblano bowl is the perfect meal for busy days when you don’t have much time to cook. It’s quick, easy to make, and full of flavor that will satisfy you. Plus, it’s low in carbs and rich in protein, so that you can stick to your healthy eating plan. Give this delicious recipe a try today. SUPER Enjoy!